Pharmacy Summer Camp
The University of Kansas School of Pharmacy proudly supports and encourages high school students interested in the field of pharmacy to participate in a summer camp experience. The KU School of Pharmacy offers a selection of 2-day Pharmacy Summer Camps for high school students. There are four opportunities to participate in summer camp.
2018 camp dates will be announced in the Spring of 2018.
Pharmacy Summer Camp activities take place on the University of Kansas Lawrence campus in the School of Pharmacy building. Camp attendees will participate from Monday morning through Wednesday morning, or Wednesday afternoon through Friday afternoon. Students will stay overnight in one of several residence halls. Meals will be provided each day at no additional cost (please notify Assistant Dean Joe Heidrick of any special dietary requirements/restrictions).
The cost of Pharmacy Summer Camp is $200 per person. Upon acceptance, participants/parents will be notified with further instructions on enrollment, including any insurance requirements and payment remittance.
Please note: Attendees are responsible for transportation to and from the KU Lawrence campus as well as any fees associated with KU parking. Students with drivers’ permits must park their car during their entire stay at camp. No one will be allowed to leave campus without expressed permission from parents and camp supervisors.
- Obtain Academic Advising and Planning – Discuss academic requirements and receive advice on how best to prepare for your pharmacy education and/or research from School of Pharmacy Deans
- Experience Career Discovery - Explore the various career settings and opportunities for pharmacists
- Visit Various Pharmacy Settings – Travel to local community and hospital pharmacies to see how they operate, ask questions to pharmacy staff, and experience a pharmacy workflow
- Meet KU School of Pharmacy Professors, Researchers and Current Students – Participate in lectures from current Pharmacy Professors and fourth-year pharmacy students
- Complete Hands-on Activities and Live Demo – Learn about the pharmacy profession in the Pharmacy Skills Laboratory! Experience life as a pharmacy student; study current techniques such as patient counseling, diabetes education, and compounding.
- Students entering their Junior or Senior year of high school, or beginning their Freshman year of college in Fall 2018